1st Game Footage

Discussion in 'Video Sharing' started by CoachMcLellan, Jan 5, 2013.

1. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Finally was able to get a parent to take some video footage of my girls team this weekend, running the RR; it wasn't our finest play but we did go 3-0 this weekend to improve to 20-1. I'll try to and get it uploaded as soon as I find a means to do so.
  2. ST1 Member

Where is the Video!!!!!???
  3. Tom7 Administrator

Here here! (fists bang table).
  4. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Ah I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. I'm not the tech savvy guy you fellas are
    Tom7 likes this.
  5. CoachMcLellan Active Member

So do I need to host the footage somewhere else and then link it here? Or can I just upload it directly to the thread if it's a small clip of 30 seconds for example?
  6. Tom7 Administrator

Coach McLellan, thanks for posting, but what I see, and I'm guessing most everyone else sees, is a Facebook message that says, "Secure Video. This video is not public. Log in to Facebook to see if you have permission to view."
  7. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Ah see I don't want it public; just here. Is there another way I can post it so it is only visible on this site?
  8. Tom7 Administrator

Yes. Perhaps the easiest way to share a video with a select group of people is to upload it to YouTube, however, do not go with the YouTube defaults. By default, Youtube wants to make your video viewable by everyone.

As your video uploads, change the Privacy Settings from "Public" to "Unlisted." Unlisted basically means you have to have the URL of the video to see it. You can then use Basketballogy Forums Media icon to embed that unlisted URL here, and it will only be viewable by people coming to this thread.
  9. ST1 Member

Yes. i upload my video to youtube. and list them as Unlisted, then only people who have the URL can watch it...

or share the link with me on facebook and i will upload it for you...
  10. CoachMcLellan Active Member

here is a readline that I cut out of some game film from last weekend to show the girls.
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl7Oleaf-E&list=HL1358090909

And this should be an example of one of the options in our BLOB line series we run.
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWtjIeMYdw&feature=youtu.be

In the line series, the post player 15 went to soon, she has to be a little more patient on this option, in her defence she thought we were running a different option off the line, that has her slip and seal.
  11. Coach Dennis Moderator

I cannot watch the video, you need to add me. I'm guessing this goes for most of the members here.
  12. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Add you how. I'm new to youtube, and posting video. My priority is that only those who view this site have access to my video posts. Anyone who can instruct me how to 'add' you please do so.
  13. coachmike Moderator

Make your videos unlisted....and then provide us with link. Only users with direct link can view them...they aren't searchable.
  14. CoachMcLellan Active Member

I made them unlisted, try the link now
  15. Coach Dennis Moderator

Yeah, they are working. Nice readline cut!
  16. Tom7 Administrator

One thing I like about that read line cut is she just didn't trot at the rim: she raised her hand to help get her noticed for that nice pass.

One rule my players have is they are not allowed to call for the ball. At the beginning of each season I have to break that bad habit again, but they are not allowed to yell that they want a pass. Not only does that alert the ball handler, but it alerts the defense...

But to me the worst thing about it is they are trying to do the ball handler's thinking. Just like the dad who does his kid's homework robs her of the learning she'll need to excel on the tests, I don't want teammates doing the thinking for the ball handler either.

So we'll raise hands as we cut, or sometimes clap twice, but we don't call for the ball.
  17. Tivo32 New Member

That's a REALLY interesting take. In high school we were drilled and instructed incessantly to call for the ball. I now do that in my coaching but have never really stopped to think "does this make sense?" Thanks for posting your thoughts! I'm going to have to reevaluate my philosophy on this. :)
  18. ST1 Member

Hi Guys.

With read line cutters i tell my guys they need to have faith. If the read line cut situation arises they MUST cut. even if they dont want to. Doesn't matter how delayed the reaction is there is a high probability they will get the ball in a good situation and score( seen it many times) if not at the initialy pass window they should be open on the latter.

One of my biggest problems with the read and react i only have 1 guy who act's as a initiator for speed dribble,power dribble etc.
    (Any Advice on how to get more guys to become the initiators? (This is not about rep's its about getting players to open there mind to do more than just shoot and drive...

WRT to call for the ball. i use this to my advantage, if your wide open and you call for it there should not enough time for the defense to rectify the situation.. (if there is not enough time then you were not as open as you thought and this would of been the wrong time..) but with the read line cut drilled you should know when is the right time to vocalize your call...

When i feed the ball into the post i laker cut to the weakest side of my post player and a SHOUT/ Demand the ball( i make sure the defense knows where the post is going to pass.. Then he will spin the opposite way and get a wide open look. Sometimes the post defender will play help defense on me even though i don't have the ball and sometimes the post will need to sell it was a pass fake. this is poetry in motion.