Basketballogy Forums 2012 Report Card

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Tom7, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Which statements describe how you feel about Basketballogy Forums?

I enjoy sharing my experiences here. 12 vote(s) 63.2%
I enjoy reading what other coaches have to share here. 16 vote(s) 84.2%
I'm just lurking here for now to check it out. 1 vote(s) 5.3%
Eh, I'm not impressed yet. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tom7 Administrator

Now that we are well north of 100 members, I figured this might be a good time to call a time out and check with the team. Please take a moment and respond to the poll and let me know if I need to make any adjustments.

Cheers,
    Tom7
  2. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Tom,

Once again, I'd like to thank you for heading up the forums to keep a dialogue between coaches with similar offensive philosophies. It's a great resource for experienced coaches and new coaches who are looking for a foot hold.

I look forward to more sharing, excellent conversations and debates.
    Tom7 likes this.
  3. coachmike Moderator

It is great having a spot back to throw around ideas and engage in philosophical basketball conversations with fellow peers. I'm glad I stumbled upon the site when I did. Can't wait for more coaches to participate here in our growing community.
    Tom7 likes this.
  4. coachgrd Member

It felt like home the first time I stopped by.
    Tom7 likes this.
  5. firststep Member

I agree,
    Good give and take, I enjoy the insight of all the coaches.
  6. CoachBob New Member

I wonder how much the spam problem had to do with the demise of the old forum.

At any rate its great that we have this site although I was so disappointed it took me a while to get over here!
    Tom7 likes this.
  7. Tom7 Administrator

GREAT to see you made it though!

BTW, I don't want to leave hints for spammers as to what we've been doing to protect the forums, but I thought you guys might be interested to know that in the last 3 weeks, the anti-spam software we've installed has auto-disabled 2,871 spam accounts! Note that this is not the number of spam messages we have deleted, these are the accounts that have been set up to post spam. Presumably, each account would leave hundreds or thousands of spam messages if not banned.

We have 3 other measures we've employed to keep this place spam free as well: two are preventative, and the third is the measure which you guys see: deleting spam and banning the spammer and his IP address when spam does get through.

Thanks again to Coach Dennis and coachmike for their help with this, and to Hoop who is often flagging spam for us as well.

At any rate, it has really taken some effort to keep our community clear of spam but it is worth it to me to have a place like this where I can learn from you guys.
    coachmike likes this.