Drew Hanlen App

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by CoachMcLellan, May 24, 2015.

1. CoachMcLellan Active Member

I was skeptical about the price tag, and renewal cost associated with Drew Hanlen's basketball training app, but I bit the bullet and purchased a year long subscription. The app is filled with game specific drills for middle school, high school, and NCAA/NBA caliber athletes.

The app allows you to sort through the drills; broken down into categories such as; stationary ball handling, shooting, live dribble move, pin downs, passing, etc or start position specific training program that he has designed.

While the app makes more sense for an athlete looking for a program to follow, as coaches I would suggest a 3 month subscription and a note pad. Go through take what fits, record whatever teaching points you find helpful and then let the subscription expire. Unless Drew an Alan Stein plan to update the app with new drills; the replay value of this app from a coaching perspective ends once you've borrowed Drew's teaching points and diagramed the drills you wish to use with your own team.
  2. plavitch Active Member

Thanks for that review. I have been wondering about this and what you said makes sense.