Has anybody Purchased the "Youth 90 minute Practice or Team Shooting Drills?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by James LaMacchia, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Just wondering if anybody had purchased the "Youth 90 Minute Practice or the "Team Shooting Drills"

Wanted an honest review before i pulled the trigger on them?
  2. Peter Chase New Member

This doesn't specifically answer your question, but for me right now, I am done with Better Basketball purchases for a while. I have a lot of interest in the new zone offense release, but I am not going to purchase that either. I am a little disillusioned with the way they are doing things right now. The read and react probably has the highest repeat customer base of any company related to basketball coaching around right now, but it sort of feels like they are just milking it for every dollar out there.

This may be the wrong place to state this, and others may think I am completely off base, but I do find it interesting that there are no other replies to this thread, and that the new zone offense dvd has not received a lot of discussion either.

I hope everyone has a great summer.

Coach Chase
  3. I do not totally disagree with that opinion coach.
  4. Coach Dennis Moderator

5. CoachMcLellan Active Member

I have seen both the 90 Minute Youth Practice and the New Zone Attack. I can honestly say that for an experienced coach the 90 Minute Youth Attack, in terms of coaching purchases, ranks as the greatest waste of my money and time. That being said, as a varsity high school coach, I am not likely the intended audience for this DVD. This 90 Minute practice offers no new drills, or ideas, but instead goes through the drills already associated with the RR, that can be found on the Clinics videos, selects the most basic ones, and then Rick films them being done by a bunch of 10 year olds. I would not recommend this DVD. The New Zone Attack is much of the same, nothing new, just the same information repackaged and resold. As coaches, I think we need to accept that the RR is what it is, nothing new and ground breaking is going to happen - we can make up our own new drills, and wrinkles for the offense, but we can't expect a new dvd that just wows us with a wealth of new material and ideas.
  6. coach215 Member

I got 90-Minute Youth Practice. It's a very helpful demo for inexperienced coaches like me handling an inexperienced youth team.
  7. Coach Dennis Moderator

I got the team shooting drills a couple weeks ago, got some nice drills from it.
  8. coach215 Member

I agree. The Team Shooting Drills not only present ideas but help generate new drill ideas.