Not Visiting the TRIBE website as Often?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CoachBob, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CoachBob New Member

Since they shut down the forum on the Better Basketball Website I find I am visiting far less often. Do other coaches feel the same?

Thank God for this website!:)
  2. ST1 Member

No forum, no visit.
  3. CoachClow Member

I went back on two occassions, once to review some video and the last to check on the 'big game changing announcement' just in case I missed it...
  4. Hoop Active Member

It was a great way to get people "into the store". I wonder if sales have dropped, as well.

I think they fell victim to one of the classic [business] blunders—the most famous of which is, “Never get involved in a land war in Asia”—but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha -Princess Bride
    NigelCarpay, CoachBob and Tom7 like this.
  5. CoachBob New Member

My guess is yes sales must have been affected.

After all there was a whole community of coaches at many different levels tuned in to their forum on a daily basis.
  6. Coach Dennis Moderator

Yes, I have been back a few times to read some blogposts, but the comments are just not my cup of tea.
  7. coachgrd Member

same here.
  8. CoachMcLellan Active Member

I have visited the Tribe once since the forums went down, and that was to check out his VOD thing, and it wasn't up or Beta testing at the time. I hate ot say it but I find ChampionshipProductions of more use to me. I like hearing the ideas of multiple coaches and picking out the things that I like, not simply hearing one man's opinion on offensive concepts that, came from other great coaches.
  9. Peter Chase New Member

I don't visit nearly as much either. I think it was a poor decision both business wise and community wise to shut down the forums. When it was retired, supposedly part of the reason was all of the big projects coming out in a "couple of weeks". Where are those? And how long do we have to wait to see all of the benefits that will outweigh the loss, as it says?
  10. Tom7 Administrator

By the way guys, Better Basketball contacted me and gave me a heads up that they would be doing a project with me in March. I have not heard from them yet, but I suspect it has something to do with forums. I will let you know more when I know more.
  11. coachgrd Member

hmmm, very interesting.

I wonder if they are seeing a drop in visitors and have realized what a mistake closing down their forums was.