Player Development Video Series

Discussion in 'Video Sharing' started by thedougaller, Jul 12, 2013.

1. thedougaller New Member

2. Coach Dennis Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forum. I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I will (hence the post here so I won't forget it.) Thanks for sharing this with us.
  3. thedougaller New Member

Hi, thanks for taking the time to watch (whenever you do :)). Also my apologies for double-posting, wasn't sure which board it was better suited.

Cheers
  4. Coach Dennis Moderator

Can you give some more information about what are we looking at? From my point of view I see someone (is that you?) practicing his skill set. If I am kinda honest (and again, I have no prior knowledge so I basically just watched the video) you ask us to provide criticism, but since I am not entirely sure what I am looking at it is hard to provide comments.

Are you looking for comments on the technical side of things (e.g. the drills) or for comments on the intensity, the use of (fast)food?
  5. thedougaller New Member

Hi coach, thanks for watching.

It might make more sense if you watch Episode 1
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YnMioUj2o

But to summarize, I'm a player looking to play college ball next year (Canadian) and created this series to follow my journey from a "nobody" to hopefully playing college ball and being successful.

To be honest, I'm looking for criticism on anything you find worthy. Because this is a coaching forum, my intentions were to look at the technical side of things (skill development, drills, mistakes I'm making, etc) but I will listen to opinions on anything you can find.

Thanks again

Edit-- I realize these videos aren't the BEST to look at from a coaching perspective.. no game film, a lot of "pointless" (but entertaining :) ) moments. But just watching does help spread the message that I'd like to get across.
  6. Coach Dennis Moderator

Right, well in that case let me review episode 1 and comment on the drills. Did you make those drills yourself or were they explained to you by another coach?
  7. thedougaller New Member

Great, thanks coach.

Most of the drills are from skill development coaches. I use a lot of stuff from Ganon Baker, Micah Lancaster, Damin Altizer, etc.
    But here and there are a few I innovated based on what I felt I needed to work on.
  8. Great Workout, lol you have a R rated tune in the background.