True to your team

Discussion in 'NBA - The Association' started by CoachMcLellan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Note: this is a branch off of a thread call "Tournament Schedule" that started here. - Tom7

Paul,

It's a sad day for me, I used to find your posts informative and engaging, however, seeing this new avatar - I can only assume you are a Celtics fan which means I need to rethink my opinion of you [jk kind of]. ;)
  2. PaulCalder New Member

Haha, I tend to get that reaction alot. For some reason there is not a whole lot of love for the green anymore.
  3. Tom7 Administrator

Good for you for staying true to them and not just a fair weather fan. It's harder to do that when you are a Sonics fan.
  4. CoachMcLellan Active Member

I'll give you both a chance to jump ship and join my Magic. We will win the lottery this year and next.
  5. Tom7 Administrator

At least your team still exists to be in the lottery -- I had to replace the Seattle SuperSonics with an 'A list' of teams I like and follow, including the Thunder.
  6. CoachMcLellan Active Member

Hey I'm actually glad Dwight is gone, I survived the lose of Shaq [much more dominant big] and the lose of Penny, the days of Darrell Armstrong, and the agony of watching what should have been with TMac and a never healthy Grant Hill. Dwight's a small blip on the Magic map. Looking forward to drafting someone like Shabazz Muhammad this year, or an Andrew Wiggins the following year.
  7. Tom7 Administrator

I watched Shaq join Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith on TV... and completely destroy their chemistry. What an ego. Watching his immaturity on public display like that makes me look at the Magic and Lakers locker rooms much differently than I used to.

And you get the feeling Dwight is like Shaq in that they both see themselves as the center of the universe.

Love Grant Hill though, and I'm amazed at how much playing he was able to do in Phoenix.

Maybe the Lakers will be in the lottery too though and finally get to draft someone that someone has heard of. :rolleyes:
  8. CoachClow Member

Well the legacy of the Charlotte Hornets (my true team) is about to die as New Orleans sets the wheels in motion to become the Pelicans.
    Grand mama, Mugsy, ZO, Dell Curry, those were the days.
    Truth be told, I no longer have a true NBA team. With Charlotte moving I never caught on with the NO Hornets, and the Bobcats were never an option. Being Canadian, briefly was a Raptors fan, but wow that ship has been in turbulent seas for a decade or more.
    For love of the game I guess...
  9. ST1 Member

Stick to college ball... :p
  10. Tom7 Administrator

Laughing.

I love the game first and foremost and would watch it at any level if time and resources permit -- even if "my" team lost.

I'm stunned that Seattle may get a team again, and sad the "Sonics" would come at such a high price to Sacramento. I don't really want those Sonics, you know?

So for the NBA, I think I will keep going with my "A List" philosophy of liking and following a group of teams for specific reasons, rather than throwing all my passion into one team again.

For example, I *love* the San Antonio Spurs. Classy players, classy organization, under salary cap, wins with team play. I like watching the Spurs like I like watching well tuned machines make their laps at Nascar.

And I love the high-flying, explosive Oklahoma City Thunder, like I love watching the military jets fly air shows over Elmendorf Air Force base.

And I love the Lakers, like I can't help but rubberneck a tragic accident as we creep by it in heavy traffic on a freeway.